Tuesday 21 May 2013

Estee Lauder Double Wear Review!


 
Estee Lauders Double Wear is a foundation that I’ve heard so much about and so I recently got pampered at the EL counter and purchased it for myself. It’s a foundation that I held with high expectations, and I would say that it’s done a fairly good job at meeting them.

My first thoughts about Double Wear is how lightweight I find it on my face, I hate those foundations that feel as if they are weighing you down whilst making you want to get home and get a good cleanse on, but I can happily wear this all day without reaching for a face wipe. What I also love is that is keeps all my oils at bay! I can wear this for 8 hours at work and still manage to avoid an oily t-zone, which is a miracle in itself. Double Wear actually claims to stay put for 15 hours, which I haven’t actually put to the test yet. But for the 10-12 hours I have trailed over the past two weeks, I’ll have to give it to the guys at EL, it does last. One night I was even contemplating letting my foundation do a full force, round the clock job as when I got home from work my foundation looked so good I didn’t want to take it off and reapply it again for my night out! But I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. I digress however… what I’m trying to say is that I’ve found foundations on my skin can end up patchy and oily by the end of the day but Double Wear keeps that even, covered finish we all sought after.


Once on the skin this foundation gives a semi-matte finish but I haven’t found it to be drying which is what I usually find when it comes to matte/semi-matte foundations. The downsides to this foundation are that it claims to be medium to high coverage, but I personally would say it was leaning more towards the medium and I don’t find it to be quite enough for me. This foundation is buildable though and although it may look like I am having a five minute fight with a foundation brush each morning, I do eventually manage to hide away my ever returning spots and blemishes. A big turn off concerning this foundation is its very absurd way of draining you of life in pictures – especially with flash! I read somewhere before purchasing that it tends to create a white cast on camera and I didn’t think much of it, but it’s true, so for nights out this one definitely will no longer be making an appearance!


All in all I hoped this would be the foundation of all foundations, don’t get me wrong I do like the stuff and will continue to wear it, but it didn’t wow me like I expected, but for being at work and long days out when you need to be reassured that your foundation isn’t going to let you down, this is the one.

14 comments:

  1. Fab post! I swear by this foundation, I thought my camera flash was dodgy, you have cleared this up for me, thank you! Ha.

    www.lisa-cequejaime.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read so many amazing reviews about this foundation. I definitely want to try it out x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know me too that's what persuaded me ha! XX

      Delete
  3. Great review :)
    Now I wanna try the foundation. My favourite so far is Lancome Teint idole ultra 24h :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll have to check it out, do you have a review? XX

      Delete
  4. Sucha great view, defintely gonna try it out asap! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this foundation!
    I really enjoying reading your blog!! I am following you now :)

    Id be really grateful if you have a minute to visit me!

    www.kosmetyczna-hedonistka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for yet another great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh great review, I've always wondered about buying this one, never get round to it though

    ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really interesting review. I am currently working on my samples that I have been given.. I love the foundation for a daily wear as it gives me a natural look.. however I did take a pic of myself on a flash and i agree i was a lot paler than normal. Have you got any other suggestions of good foundations as i also get oily skin?

    www.lovefromhannahxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete